You are here
Coaching and Mentoring
As part of our commitment to develop leaders at all levels we have created an integrated Coaching and Mentoring scheme to enhance a leaders journey through the system.
Interested in becoming a coach or a mentor?
Are you interested in becoming a fully qualified or trained Coach or Mentor? Do you have the capacity and capability to encourage, and lead others through the work they do and help to build and support them from within the organisation?
We would love you to become a registered member of our coaching and mentoring initiative.
Please view our registered Coaching and Mentoring programmes that will give you the opportunity to make a difference to someone’s leadership journey.
Are you looking for Coaching or Mentoring?
As part of its commitment to develop leadership at all levels within Thames Valley and Wessex, the Coaching and Mentoring Schemes provide a confidential service to match Coachees and Mentees with qualified Coaches and Mentors, as well as an on-line facility to manage that relationship.
Please see the below links for further information
Register and log on to access articles, CPD slides,’ How to’ guides and much more.
And if you have something to share with our coaching and mentoring community, please do email us at : coaching.TVWLA@hee.nhs.uk
Do I need a coach or a mentor?
- Relationship has a set duration
- More structured with regular scheduled meetings
- Short term and focussed on specific development areas/issues or goals and work
- Your coach does not need direct experience of your job (unless the coaching is skills focussed)
- Ongoing relationship that can last for a long time
- Can be more informal with meetings when the mentee needs some space and time to think, guidance or support
- Mentor is usually a more experienced person working in the same sector
- Focus is on long-term career and personal development
- Agenda is set by the mentee and takes a broader view of the person.